Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mardi Gras bead chandelier

Katie and Sherry are at it again with the...drumroll...


The gist of this whole deal is to challenge DIYers to actually make something pinned from pinterest.

You can see my past projects herehere, and here. But onto my latest...

I pinned this [a WAY freaking long time ago]:

 
And actually bought the stuff to make it in FEBRUARY. It is almost November, people. It's about stinkin' time. I have a nasty habit of good intentions. Which means I have an ENTIRE closet FULL of materials purchased for specific [and unfinished] projects. True story.

The source of this lil beaut is from here and Heather does a pretty excellent job at explaining herself and her dollar store craft, so I will spare you the pain of my drowning.

Basically, you just take some dollar store mardi gras beads, paint them, and wire them onto a plant hanging basket. Straight forward and cheap. My kind of jam.




Here's what I ended up with:


And I hung it out on the pergola we built this spring [I still need to blog on that...whoops.]:



 


I'm loving it! I think it makes our lil backyard nook pretty lovely. I mean like, even teaparty lovely. So if you wanna come tea with me, let's do it!

Pretty sad I waited this long to make it. 

Price breakdown:

Spray paint: Rustoleum's Painter's touch in heirloom white: $3
Planter: From Goodwill: $1
Mardi Gras beads: 6 packs from The Dollar Tree: $6
Wire: I already had: $0

Total: $10

P.S. This vase [pitcher] with the zinnias...


$14.99 at Target. WHAT UP. I'm a little obsessed.


Checkout the Pinterest Challenge Ladies and their projects: Katie'sSherry's, Sarah's, Carmel's,

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I loooove this! I have totally wanted to make one of these and you did such a fabulous job! I am the queen of gathering materials for a project and waiting months to actually get around to it :). Your little outdoor spot is so sweet, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW thanks!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one with a project-material-hoarding problem. :)

      Delete
  2. This. Is. Amazing. I want to try it. Time for a dollar store trip...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I was just about to throw all of my beads away... now I might rescue them from my donate pile and work on a new light fixture for my daughters nusery! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You TOTALLY should. I think it would be PERFECT in a nursery!

      Delete
  4. This is insanely cute! Don't feel bad about waiting so long. It just means you're normal! ;)

    Amber @ Wills Casa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Yours turned out so well! This was one of those projects that I've seen and thought "man, no way would mine look that good" but this gives me faith. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love it. I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete